2012 Club Officers
RHBC Vice President
and Tom Blackshear
Ray Hubbard Bass Club
Cedar Creek May 12, 2012
Launch: Log Cabin ($5 per boat)
The tournament for May is at Cedar Creek.
This venerable but popular tournament lake holds many opportunities for
the angler willing to find the right pattern. Limits await the anglers
that figure out the what and the where. Will you be that angler?
Bass are currently managed with statewide
regulations. 5 fish, 14 inch minimum length limit.
The ramp is Log Cabin.
Driving directions to Alamo Dr 74.5 mi – about 1 hour 31 mins
From Garland, TX per SnakeEyes-TFF
1. Head south on S 7th St toward W Avenue A 0.1 mi
2. Take the 2nd right onto W Avenue B 0.5 mi
3. Turn left at S Garland Ave 3.0 mi
4. Slight left at S Shiloh Rd 0.5 mi
5. Turn left at E Northwest Hwy 0.1 mi
6. Take the I-635 S ramp 0.4 mi
7. Merge onto I-635 E 12.3 mi
8. Take exit 479B to merge onto US-175 E toward Kaufman 48.4 mi
9. Turn right at Farm to Market Rd 2329/Farm to Market Rd 316 S Continue
to follow Farm to Market Rd 2329 4.4 mi
10. Turn right at Farm to Market Rd 3054 3.5 mi
11. Turn left at Alamo Dr 0.5 mi
12. Turn right to stay on Alamo Dr 0.4 mi
Ray Hubbard Bass Club May Tournament-
Best Pattern: Plastics/Cranks on rocks
Water Temp: 72
Weather: Overcast, mild breeze
- Call to Order - 7:18 p.m.
- Partner Finder - None.
- Lewisville Tournament Results -
Lewisville Apr 14, 2012
# of Entries:
- Community Event Report and Club Picnic - Kids Fish Derby had
29 Club members present to help out, very few fish caught but had a
great time. Jay M. reported on the Lake Fork Classic. Tommy Climer reported
on the High School Championship Tourney held on Ray Hubbard, Tommy's
crew won the tournament with 19.47 lbs. Club Picnic was held immediately
after the Kids Fish Derby. Had several Club members with spouses and
kids present, John Bruner brought his Mom. Had a great time, good food
and good company. Fishing was still tough on the pond. Tom told the
other members that if they participate in a community event to get the
T.D. to sign a paper or weigh slip to bring to the Officers for proof.
- Cedar Creek Tournament - Times - 6 a.m. to 3 p.m. was unanimous.
Tom Blackshear and Tony Schnurr will be running registration and weigh-in.
Registration - Will start at 5 a.m. and end at 5:45 a.m. Official Launch
Ramp - Log Cabin -
- Championship Lake Selection - Richland Chambers Lake and Bob
Sandlin Lake were the two top lakes in the voting. Bob Sandlin won out
over Richland Chambers for where the Club Championship will be held.
- Pre-setting Tournament Times discussion and possible action -The
Club voted to go ahead and set the Tawakoni times at 6 a.m. to 3 p.m.
and will be launching out of Duck Cove.
- Other Community Events discussion -Bonham Bass Club is hosting
a youth bass tournament on Lake Tawakoni - reported by Mark Werner.
- Any other new business - No other new business.
- Adjournment -8:04 p.m.
35 members in attendance, Tucker Capella joined tonight.
- Vince Burt
- Mark Werner
- Jeff Cartwright
- Eric Vidal
- Johnny Reed
- Tom Brouillette
- Jay Messersmith
- Robert Oleson
- Brandon Putnam
- Tommy Climer
- Tony Climer
- Jeremy McLeroy
- Shawn Castonguay
- Alec Castonguay
- Frank Story
- Jerry Brown
- Ken Davis
- Kenny Bunch
- Howard Bunch
- Jack Scheel
- Tony Schnurr
- Ronnie Pettis
- James Crawford
- Matt Crawford
- Dennis Machost
- Damon Machost
- David Taylor
- John Bruner
- Ronnie Manning
- David Hall
- Jim Phillips
- Herman Larkin
- Fly Scheel
- Doug Rener
And don't forget to walk your Fish!